16.1554, Jobs: Spanish/Technical Translator: Linguist/Reviewer,CA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun May 15 14:21:07 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1554. Sun May 15 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1554, Jobs: Spanish/Technical Translator: Linguist/Reviewer,CA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-May-2005
From: Kanae Nomura < knomura at itp-usa.com >
Subject: Spanish & Technical Translator: Linguist/Reviewer, ITP Strategic, CA, USA

Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:17:59
From: Kanae Nomura < knomura at itp-usa.com >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: ITP Strategic
Department: Production
Job Rank: Linguist/Reviewer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Technical Translator
Required Language: Spanish (SPN)

ITP Strategic provides the services to support our clients with the
multi-language communication, and we are currently looking for in-house
reviewers who can manage a large volume of translation review from English into
Spanish.

Positions are permanent and based in Torrance, CA.

The position involves post-editing, review of translation, terminology
management, and quality assurance.

Language Requirements:
1. Working Language Pairs: Spanish (Europe) and English or Spanish (Latin) and
English
2. Mother Tongue: Spanish

Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Translation or equivalent experiences
- Master's Degree in Translation is a plus

CAT Tool Experiences:
- Trados
- SDLX is a plus

Application Software:
- Microsoft Office 2000: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Publisher,
FrontPage
- Basic knowledge of Macromedia Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop,
FrameMaker, Illustrator, QuarkXpress is a plus

Relevant Courses:
- Advanced level of Workbench & TagEditor (WinAlign - preferable)
- Terminology Development (MultiTerm)
- TM (Translation Memory) Management

Skills:
- To review the contents by doing side-by-side check between Source and Target
languages
- To create a report for each task
- To do Technical Translation
Field: Automotive (Manuals, Training Materials, Sales Promotion, etc.)

Qualification:
- Very detail oriented
- Self-motivated
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Schedule oriented

Work Experiences:
- 2 or 3 year working experience as a linguistic reviewer at the translation
company or equivalent experiences
- 1 or 2 year working experience at Automotive-related company or relevant
experiences is a plus

If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and state your
salary expectation.

Address for Applications:

	Localization Project Manager Kanae Nomura
	1977 W. 190th St. Ste. 102
	Torrance, CA 90504
	United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Localization Project Manager Kanae Nomura
	Email: knomura at itp-usa.com
	Phone: 310-323-9865 (ext. 225)
	Fax: 310-323-6560
	Website: http://www.itp-usa.com