16.1555, Jobs: System Developer: Localization Engineer, CA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun May 15 14:23:53 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1555. Sun May 15 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1555, Jobs: System Developer: Localization Engineer, CA

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-May-2005
From: Kanae Nomura < knomura at itp-usa.com >
Subject: System Developer: Localization Engineer, ITP Strategic, CA, USA

Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:21:47
From: Kanae Nomura < knomura at itp-usa.com >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: ITP Strategic
Department: Production
Job Rank: Localization Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

ITP Strategic provides the services to support our clients with the
multi-language communication, and we are currently looking for in-house engineer
who is very much familiar with localization processes.

Work Experiences:
- Quality Assurance/Quality Check
- Writing simple task programs using Perl, or Visual Basic
- Working for translation/localization companies, or relevant experiences

Education:
- Bachelor of Science
Major: Computer Information Systems, Emphasis: Interactive Web Development

Computer Experiences
Languages:
- Visual Basic J++, Visual Basic 6.0, HTML, JavaScript, XML, Rational Rose, and
Sybase SQL, IBM Visual Age for Java, ASP.
- C+, C++, Perl

Operating Systems:
- Window 95, 98, 2000, NT, XP and MS-DOS
- Macintosh OSX

Application Software:
- Microsoft Office 2000: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, Publisher,
FrontPage, Macromedia Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Lotus/Domino Notes, Adobe
Photoshop, Premiere, FrameMaker, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, Alchemy Catalyst 5,
Trados and HtmlQA

Relevant Courses
- Systems Analysis and Design Determined user's systems requirements and
interface design, using Normalization theory and Entity/Relationship Diagrams.
- Object-Oriented Programming Programmed business information systems.
Implemented and tested individual programs.
- Interactive Web Development Created web pages for business organizations
using HTML, DHTML, ASP, and JavaScript

Skills:
- To evaluate XML contents data base for localization potential
- Descent knowledge to communicate with the programmers/program developers
to improve the programs that support the localization projects
- Expertise to perform DTP and graphic localization for web content and
translated documents/manuals/brochures by using variety of software, such as
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, FrameMaker, PageMaker, QuarkXPress, MS Front Page,
MS Office, etc.

If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and state your
salary expectation.

Address for Applications:

	Localization Project Manager Kanae Nomura
	1977 W. 190th St. Ste. 102
	Torrance, CA 90504
	United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

	Localization Project Manager Kanae Nomura
	Email: knomura at itp-usa.com
	Phone: 310-323-9865 (ext. 225)
	Fax: 310-323-6560
	Website: http://www.itp-usa.com