16.1585, Jobs: Open Area: Coordinator, Australia

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed May 18 15:59:40 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-1585. Wed May 18 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.1585, Jobs: Open Area: Coordinator, Australia

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-May-2005
From: Robin Hodgson < dacadmin at kathlangcentre.org.au >
Subject: Open Area: Coordinator, Diwurruwurru-jaru Aboriginal Corporation, NT, Australia

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:57:35
From: Robin Hodgson < dacadmin at kathlangcentre.org.au >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Diwurruwurru-jaru Aboriginal Corporation
Department: Aboriginal Languages
Job Rank: Coordinator
Specialty Areas: Open

The job involves coordination of activities aimed at language  research and
revitalisation in the Katherine Region of the Northern Territory of Australia.
The Coordinator is responsible to an Indigenous Committee representing some 15
language groups throughout the region and will manage a team of linguists and
Indigenous staff.  A knowledge of Australian languages and issues is desirable,
as is a background in Education. Strong administration and organisational skills
are essential as are experience preparing funding submissions and monitoring
budgets.

Address for Applications:

	Ms Robin Hodgson
	PO Box 871