16.2645, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Asst Prof, Georgetown University

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 13 19:40:00 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List: Vol-16-2645. Tue Sep 13 2005. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 16.2645, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Asst Prof, Georgetown University

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Sep-2005
From: Heidi Hamilton < hamilthe at georgetown.edu >
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Asst Prof, Georgetown University, DC, USA

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:30:30
From: Heidi Hamilton < hamilthe at georgetown.edu >

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!

University or Organization: Georgetown University
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics; Linguistic Variation, Macrosociolinguistics,
Phonology, Phonetic

The Department of Linguistics at Georgetown University is pleased to
announce a tenure-track position in Sociolinguistics at the Assistant
Professor level.  We seek candidates who have a strong record of research
and teaching in linguistic variation or macrosociolinguistics.  The
successful candidate will also have expertise in phonology or phonetics.
Candidates should be prepared to teach both undergraduate and graduate
courses.  The appointment will start on August 1, 2006.  Applicants must
have completed all requirements for the PhD degree by the time of the
appointment.

Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply. Georgetown University is interested in applicants with
experience and interest in 1) communities of color, 2) cultures other than
their own, 3) culturally diverse groups and 4) developing and implementing
curricula that address multicultural issues.

Applications may be sent by surface mail or email in pdf format, and should
be received by November 15 for full consideration. Dossiers should include
a letter of application, curriculum vitae, at least one representative
publication, and names (with contact information) of three references.

Address for Applications:

Sociolinguistics Search Committee
Department of Linguistics
Box 571051