17.1208, Prizes: Still Left!

Fri Apr 21 17:53:03 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-1208. Fri Apr 21 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.1208, Prizes: Still Left!

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Megan Zdrojkowski <megan at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 21-Apr-2006
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Solve Puzzles, Win Prizes

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:51:02
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >

Fund Drive is over...but the fun isn't over yet!

Take a break from writing and grading papers and refresh your mind with
some of the many puzzles and games still available on the LINGUIST
cruise:

     http://linguistlist.org/games-puzzles.html

There are still prizes available for the following puzzles, which will
be open for just one more week (until May 1st):

*Cryptograms
Decipher the code to read the linguistics-related phrases:

     http://linguistlist.org/newpuzzleindex.html

     -3 prizes left for Cryptograms 1 and 2
     -4 prizes left for Cryptogram 3

*MegaLingoku
This puzzle uses a Sudoku format, but it uses vowels from the IPA chart.
There is one unique solution, and the ones who give it to us first will
win fabulous prizes:

     http://linguistlist.org/mega-lingoku.html

     -4 prizes left

*Lewis Carroll/Through the Looking Glass
Lewis Carroll was a clever man: he was an author, mathematician,
logician, and photographer. In addition to his literary output, Lewis
Carroll created a vast range of games and puzzles that depend upon
wordplay of various kinds. See if you can solve our Lewis Carroll
puzzles:

     http://linguistlist.org/lewis-carroll.html

     -1 prize left for solving numbers 1&2
     -1 prize left for solving numbers 3&4
     -1 prize left for solving numbers 5&6
     -2 prizes left for solving number 7
     -1 prize left for solving number 8 (the *only* prize for this
        difficult puzzle)

*Geocache
To win this game, you must search through our Hometown Tours to find the
city that matches each clue. Happy hunting!

     http://linguistlist.org/virtualgeocache.html

     -4 prizes left

We hope you enjoy these activities. Remember--prizes are available only
until May 1st, so get cracking!

Sincerely,
-The LINGUIST Crew