17.1245, Qs: (Volunteers)Multiword Units; Lang and Technology

Tue Apr 25 14:33:19 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-1245. Tue Apr 25 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.1245, Qs: (Volunteers)Multiword Units; Lang and Technology

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U of Arizona

Editor for this issue: James Rider <rider at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Apr-2006
From: Helene Stengers < helene.stengers at vub.ac.be >
Subject: Call for Volunteers-Multiword Units Experiment

2)
Date: 22-Apr-2006
From: Terence Fitzgerald < tfitzger at pratt.edu >
Subject: Language and Technology Questionnaire

Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:28:52
From: Helene Stengers < helene.stengers at vub.ac.be >

Dear colleagues and/or readers of this message,

I am a research assistant at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, where I am
preparing my PhD on English and Spanish phraseology (multiword units) in
Foreign Language Teaching.
I am making headway with my research project, but I now need the help of
English or Spanish native speakers and/or EFL or SFL (ELE) teachers. I have
''built'' ''matched'' (in terms of speakers and topic) audio corpora in
both English and Spanish. For each language, the corpus currently consists
of one hour of audio material consisting of interview fragments on all
kinds of topics (taken mainly from BBC Radio 4, and BBCMundo and Cadena
Ser). I am looking for people to simply listen to the interviews and write
down every 'multiword unit' they hear along the way (I would of course
explain to you what I mean exactly by multiword unit). Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Helene Stengers

For any question or for more information, please contact me at
helene.stengers at vub.ac.be