17.3478, Confs: General Ling/Australia

Sat Nov 25 00:13:39 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List: Vol-17-3478. Fri Nov 24 2006. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 17.3478, Confs: General Ling/Australia

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project / Long Now Foundation

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Taylor <jeremy at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Nov-2006
From: Dr. Honglin Chen < honglin at uow.edu.au >
Subject: Challenges for Applied Linguistics

Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 19:12:24
From: Dr. Honglin Chen < honglin at uow.edu.au >

Challenges for Applied Linguistics
Short Title: ALAA

Date: 01-Jul-2007 - 03-Jul-2007
Location: Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Contact: Dr. Ken Cruickshank
Contact Email: alaa_2007 at uow.edu.au
Meeting URL: http://www.uow.edu.au/conferences/ALAA/home.html

32nd Annual Congress of the Applied Linguistics Association of
Australia
ALAA Congress 2007

Making a Difference: Challenges for Applied Linguistics

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite your submissions for presentations at the
University of Wollongong. Proposals on the present and future impact
of research in Applied Linguistics on the debate and work in a broad
range of areas such as language education, assessment, social and
cultural issues are welcome. Presentations may be in one of the
following modes: individual papers, colloquia, workshops and posters.

The conference is being organized in conjunction with the annual
conference of the Systemic Functional Linguistics Association which
will run from 29th June to July 1st 2007 with one joint day with the
ALAA 2007.

The deadline for submissions is Monday 5th February 2007. Full
instructions for abstract submissions are now available on the
conference website:
http://www.uow.edu.au/conferences/ALAA/home.html.

We would appreciate if you could pass this onto interested colleagues
and postgraduates and we look forward to meeting you at the
conference.

Best regards

Dr Ken Cruickshank
Dr Honglin Chen