18.2349, FYI: Call for Papers - J. of South Asian Linguistics

Tue Aug 7 17:57:25 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2349. Tue Aug 07 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2349, FYI: Call for Papers - J. of South Asian Linguistics

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Fatemeh Abdollahi <fatemeh at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-Aug-2007
From: Miriam Butt < miriam.butt at uni-konstanz.de >
Subject: Call for Papers - J. of South Asian Linguistics

Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 13:54:46
From: Miriam Butt [miriam.butt at uni-konstanz.de]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2349.html&submissionid=152963&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

We are pleased to announce the creation of an Online Journal of South Asian
Linguistics that will be published with CSLI Publications.

The Journal of South Asian Linguistics is devoted to work pursuing formal
approaches to the study of South Asian Languages. We conceive of South
Asian Languages broadly to cover the languages of Afghanistan, Bangladesh,
Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Tibet and that of
the South Asian diasporas.

The journal is envisaged to cover the areas of computational
linguistics, historical linguistics, language acquisition, morphology,
phonology, phonetics, psycholinguistics, semantics, and syntax as well as
work on other areas of linguistics that interfaces with one of the
aforementioned areas. The formal analyses pursued in the articles can be
couched in any theoretical framework. An important goal of the journal is
to bring together theoretically oriented work with the vast range of
crosslinguistic variation found in the South Asian subcontinent and to
provide a dedicated forum for a discussion of the linguistic diversity of
this area with a focus on the understudied and underdocumented languages of
the region.

The contributions to the journal will include full-length articles. In
addition, we anticipate that the journal will grow to include responses and
replies to recent work, short squibs, book reviews, and theoretically
oriented descriptions of underdocumented languages. We also expect to have
occasional special issues edited by guest editors devoted to particular topics.

Chief Editors are:  Rajesh Bhatt (UMASS, Amhert) and Miriam Butt (Univ. of
Konstanz)

The Editorial Board consists of: Veneeta Dayal (Rutgers), Ashwini Deo
(Yale), Sarmad Hussain (FAST, Lahore), Ayesha Kidwai (JNU, Delhi), Aditi
Lahiri (Konstanz), Jeffrey Lidz (University of Maryland), Gillian Ramchand
(CASTL, Tromso), Shravan Vasishth (Potsdam)

The first issue of the Journal will appear in March 2008.
Submissions should be directed to the following address:
jsal at uni-konstanz.de (to make it by the first issue, submit by
November 1st).

A style sheet and directions for submissions
can be found on the Journal's website:
http://ling.uni-konstanz.de/pages/jsal/index.html