18.2378, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Researcher, General Dynamics

Wed Aug 8 20:17:09 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2378. Wed Aug 08 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2378, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Researcher, General Dynamics

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Aug-2007
From: Matt Casale < matthew.casale at gd-ais.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Researcher, General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems, Buffalo, NY, USA

Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:14:20
From: Matt Casale [matthew.casale at gd-ais.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2378.html&submissionid=153389&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Web Address: http://www.gd-ais.com

Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

The specific responsibilities of this exciting entry level opportunity at
our Buffalo, NY facility are as follows: Development and customization of
software systems for text exploitation purposes using computational
linguistics, natural language processing, information extraction, and data
mining technology. Conducts or participates in the research, design and
development of systems software, software applications and/or tools for new
programs and subprograms as well as enhancements, modifications and
corrections to existing software. Codes, tests, integrate and documents
software solutions.

The basic qualifications are a Bachelor's or Master's degree in
Computational Linguistics, Computer Science with concentration in text
exploitation or Linguistics with computational focus and 0-2 years
experience in Computational Linguistics.

Due to the nature of work performed at our facilities, US citizenship and
the ability to be granted access to classified information is required.  No
relocation assistance is available.

To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume to the
application address listed below, Req. Number 16184BR.  Online applications
only.

General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems designs, develops,
manufactures, and integrates information solutions for defense,
intelligence, space and homeland security communities. We are a trusted
partner of the US government with a proven track record for strategic and
innovative work, a record that goes back more than 50 years.

We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which
includes a work schedule that allows every other Friday off.

General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems is an EEO/AA employer. We
invite all individuals with the requisite skills to apply.

Web Address for Applications: http://www.gd-ais.com/Careers/SearchLinkFrameset.cfm
Contact Information
	Email: Visit Application Website