18.2499, Jobs: Phonology: Asst Prof, Central Connecticut State University

Fri Aug 24 17:47:45 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-2499. Fri Aug 24 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.2499, Jobs: Phonology: Asst Prof, Central Connecticut State University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Aug-2007
From: Gilbert Gigliotti < gigliotti at ccsu.edu >
Subject: Phonology: Asst Prof, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT, USA

Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:46:17
From: Gilbert Gigliotti [gigliotti at ccsu.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-2499.html&submissionid=154764&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Central Connecticut State University
Department: English
Web Address: http://www.english.ccsu.edu/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonology; Applied Linguistics/TESOL

[#C08-031]

Teach courses in theoretical Linguistics (Phonology) and applied
linguistics in TESOL MS and certification programs; includes possible
supervision of pre-K-12 student teachers, other practica, and a course in
second language composition.  Other teaching responsibilities include
undergraduate courses in introduction to linguistics, language acquisition,
and languages of the world.  Four-course teaching load per semester with
the opportunity for release time for research.  Further responsibilities
include publication, participation in conferences, committee work, and
advising.

Qualifications: PhD in linguistics, primary specialization in phonological
theory with a strong background in applied linguistics/TESOL.

Send letter of application highlighting search number(s), CV, sample
publications, transcripts, and 3 letters of recommendation to Gilbert L.
Gigliotti at the application address listed below.

CCSU offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.

Application Deadline: 14-Dec-2007
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Gilbert Gigliotti
	Department of English