18.3758, Jobs: Comp Ling: SDET (Software Design Engineer in Test), Microsoft

Sun Dec 16 04:55:12 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3758. Sat Dec 15 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3758, Jobs: Comp Ling: SDET (Software Design Engineer in Test), Microsoft

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Dec-2007
From: James Lyle < jlyle at microsoft.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: SDET (Software Design Engineer in Test), Microsoft Corporation, WA, USA

Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 23:53:21
From: James Lyle [jlyle at microsoft.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3758.html&submissionid=164041&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Microsoft Corporation
Department: Natural Language Group
Job Location: Washington, USA
Job Rank: SDET (Software Design Engineer in Test)

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Do you enjoy having a huge product impact and a chance to shine? Do you
want to join a motivated and innovative team of SDETs? Do you relish the
chance to impact the daily lives of millions of people? The Natural
Language Group develops the core language processing building blocks used
in many Microsoft products. MS Office users around the world already
communicate more effectively every day using our spellchecking, thesaurus
and grammar checking technology. But in addition to shipping cool features
known to millions of users of Office and Windows, NLG also works on
innovative technologies at the leading edge of human-computer interaction.

The NLG Scalability Test Team is looking for a strong SDET who can help us
scale up testing of linguistic quality to the next generation of our
Proofing, Search, and Text Analysis features in many languages. As a
Linguistic SDET, you will be expected to think critically in evaluating the
quality of natural language features, and to find creative technical
solutions to tough problems in natural language processing.

We are looking for individuals with a strong drive for results, a passion
for shipping quality software on time. We need an experienced tester
responsible for debugging issues, prioritizing work, coordinating with
other testers, developers and program managers, and leading test projects
to high customer satisfaction.

Qualifications should include at least 2 years of software development and
testing experience. A strong background in linguistics (computational
linguistics preferred, ideally with knowledge of text processing
technologies), strong coding (C++/C# preferred) and debugging skills are
required. Fluency in or advanced structural knowledge of one or more
languages besides English is desired. We are looking for candidates with a
bachelor's degree in Computer Science, (Computational) Linguistics, or a
related technical field.

Interested candidates should apply via
http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/default.aspx (search for Job
Code 206925)
AND
send email and resume to the contact listed below.

Email Address for Applications: jlyle at microsoft.com
Web Address for Applications: http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/default.aspx
Contact Information:
	James Lyle