18.790, Jobs: Teaching English as a Second Language: Asst Prof, U of Alberta

Wed Mar 14 19:39:43 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-790. Wed Mar 14 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.790, Jobs: Teaching English as a Second Language: Asst Prof, U of Alberta

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Svetlana Aksenova <svetlana at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Mar-2007
From: Robin Everall < test >
Subject: Teaching English as a Second Language: Asst Prof, University of Alberta, Canada

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:32:37
From: Robin Everall < test >

University or Organization: University of Alberta
Department: Educational Psychology
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Teaching English as
a Second Language

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The University of Alberta, Department of Educational Psychology, invites
applications for a two-year, full-time, 12 months per year, Academic
appointment in Teaching English as a Second Language, effective July 1,
2007. The appointment will be at the Assistant Professor level. Salary will
be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should have
a PhD in TESL or equivalent. Teaching experience in both ESL and TESL
settings is necessary, as are evidence of a strong commitment to scholarly
research and publication in the fields of SLA and TESL. The successful
applicant will bring enthusiasm, academic strength, and collaborative
abilities to the TESL program; will be responsible for teaching courses at
both the undergraduate and graduate level; and will be expected to
participate in the academic and administrative activities of the department.

Applications including current curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of
three referees, a statement of research interests, teaching evaluations,
and samples of scholarly work should be submitted to the address below.

Only complete applications received by May 30th, 2007, will be considered.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens
and permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered.

The University of Alberta hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to
the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage
applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with
disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.

Application Deadline: 30-May-2007

Mailing Address for Applications and Contact Information::
	Dr. Robin Everall
	Department of Educational Psychology
	University of Alberta
	Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2G5