18.836, All: Obituary and Remembrance: Tanya Reinhart

Mon Mar 19 19:15:58 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-836. Mon Mar 19 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.836, All: Obituary and Remembrance: Tanya Reinhart

Reviews: Laura Welcher, Rosetta Project

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 18-Mar-2007
From: Martin Everaert < everaert at let.uu.nl >
Subject: Death Tanya Reinhart

2)
Date: 18-Mar-2007
From: Julia Horvath < horvath at post.tau.ac.il >
Subject: Tanya Reinhart

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:10:44
From: Martin Everaert < everaert at let.uu.nl >

Dear colleagues,

Last night we heard that our colleague Tanya Reinhart had died in New York.
Tanya was teaching at NYU this semester as a newly appointed Global
Distinguished Professor. At Utrecht University Tanya held a linguistics
chair on the Interface of Language and the Systems of Use.

Her work and her presence has been of tremendous importance for a great
many people, in linguistics, in her political work, both in Utrecht, New
York, as well as in Tel Aviv, and in many other places where she taught.

We lost a very dear friend, an inspiring colleague, and an outstanding
teacher and supervisor for many of our graduate students.

With sadness but also with gratitude for her friendship and all she
contributed,

Richard Kayne
Linguistics department, New York University

Eric Reuland
Linguistics Program, Utrecht University

Martin Everaert
Utrecht institute of Linguistics OTS