18.3454, FYI: Linguistics at the University of Alberta

Tue Nov 20 14:58:20 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3454. Tue Nov 20 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3454, FYI: Linguistics at the University of Alberta

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: F. Okki Kurniawan <okki at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Nov-2007
From: Terry Nadasdi < linggrad at ualberta.ca >
Subject: Linguistics at the University of Alberta

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:56:56
From: Terry Nadasdi [linggrad at ualberta.ca]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3454.html&submissionid=161644&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Alberta is currently
recruiting graduate students interested in conducting empirical research.
Funding for students is guaranteed for four years at the Ph.D level and for
two years at the MSc. level.

Our department trains students in the theoretical aspects of language, and
in experimental and observational methods for its investigation. Our
graduate curriculum unites course-work with hands-on practical training in
research methodology.

Our faculty is actively involved in a wide range of data-driven linguistic
research with a strong focus on the empirical study of language through
observation, fieldwork, and experimentation. We are also home to several
major research grants in the areas of:

-language acquisition
-corpus linguistics
-psycholinguistics
-acoustic phonetics
-field linguistics
-language variation
-language revitalization

More information about how you might participate in these research projects
is available at http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/linguistics/RAShips.cfm

If you are interested in pursuing graduate studies with us and being part
of our research team, please contact the Graduate Coordinator at
LingGrad at ualberta.ca

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics
                     Applied Linguistics
                     Cognitive Science
                     Computational Linguistics
                     Discipline of Linguistics