18.3524, FYI: Invitation to Participate in a Project

Mon Nov 26 18:47:58 UTC 2007

LINGUIST List: Vol-18-3524. Mon Nov 26 2007. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 18.3524, FYI: Invitation to Participate in a Project

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: F. Okki Kurniawan <okki at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Nov-2007
From: Maryam Eliasy < maryam.eliasy at gmail.com >
Subject: Invitation to Participate in a Project

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:46:38
From: Maryam Eliasy [maryam.eliasy at gmail.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=18-3524.html&submissionid=162081&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Dear Readers,

I am an MA student in English Language Teaching at the University of
Isfahan, studying English discourse markers in spontaneous speech of
Persian English speakers. My primary research interests include the
identification of DMs, determining their frequency and the examination of
pragmatic appropriateness of these elements based on a corpus data of EFL
speech production in dissertation defenses.
For my dissertation research, I need to get help from a few native speaker
experts in the field of discourse to pass judgment about appropriateness of
discourse markers used by Persian speakers. I would appreciate any help and
suggestion you could provide