19.2455, Jobs: Archive Management: Manager, Max Planck Institute for Psycholing

Fri Aug 8 14:04:38 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2455. Fri Aug 08 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2455, Jobs: Archive Management: Manager, Max Planck Institute for Psycholing

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Aug-2008
From: Bethany Townsend < bethany at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Archive Management: Manager, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, Netherlands

Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 10:02:43
From: Bethany Townsend [bethany at linguistlist.org]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2455.html&submissionid=186321&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Job Location: Nijmegen, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.mpi.nl/

Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Archive Management

The Technical Group of the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics in
Nijmegen is looking for an archive manager who also has programming skills.

The person's key responsibilities will include:
-  Maintenance of a large multimedia archive, data curation and
transformation (scripting)
-  Creating interactive web sites based on Plone and REST technology
-  Development of functional software extensions and improvement of user
interfaces
-  Maintenance of a Wiki, running training courses
-  Interaction with depositors and users of the archive

The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
-  Good knowledge of XML, UNIX
-  Programming skills in a scripting language such as Perl or Python
-  Good communicative skills especially in English
-  Knowledge of or interest in linguistics

The person will work in a small team of archive managers and support staff.
If you are interested, please, contact Evelyn Giering and/or send your
application with a CV.

Email Address for Applications: Evelyn.Giering at mpi.nl
Contact Information:
	Evelyn Giering