19.3761, Jobs: Phonetics, Phonology: Asst Prof, University of Potsdam

Mon Dec 8 17:55:15 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3761. Mon Dec 08 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3761, Jobs: Phonetics, Phonology: Asst Prof, University of Potsdam

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Dec-2008
From: Caroline Fery < caroline.fery at googlemail.com >
Subject: Phonetics, Phonology: Asst Prof, University of Potsdam, Brandenbourg, Germany

Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:53:35
From: Caroline Fery [caroline.fery at googlemail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3761.html&submissionid=198908&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Potsdam
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Potsdam, Brandenbourg, Germany
Web Address: http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/index-e.html

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology

The candidate will have expertise in experimental phonology, as well as
articulatory, and acoustic Phonetics in teaching and research at the
Department of Linguistics of the University of Potsdam. The candidate is
expected to have experience with design of phonological experiments and
with speech analysis. A good background in syntax is an advantage.

The candidate should be able to manage external fundings of projects and
should be willing to cooperate with the members of the Institute. Moreover
s/he will create her/his own project in the Research Center 'Information
Structure.'

The denomination of the position is 'Juniorprofessor(in)' according to § 42
Brandenburgisches Hochschulgesetz (BbgHG). An excellent dissertation is a
prerequisite, as well as a high-qualitative scientific record. The period
of time covering dissertation and prior occupation will not exceed 6 years.

The University of Potsdam tries to increase the number of female employees.
Disabled persons are prioritized.

Application Deadline: 07-Jan-2009
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof. Caroline Fery