19.3760, Jobs: Cog Neuroscience: Scientist, Max Planck Institute for Psycholing

Mon Dec 8 17:49:56 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3760. Mon Dec 08 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3760, Jobs: Cog Neuroscience: Scientist, Max Planck Institute for Psycholing

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Dec-2008
From: Ina Grevel < ina.grevel at mpi.nl >
Subject: Cognitive Neuroscience: Scientist, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, Netherlands

Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:48:08
From: Ina Grevel [ina.grevel at mpi.nl]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3760.html&submissionid=198912&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Department: Language Production
Job Location: Nijmegen, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.mpi.nl/research/groups/LanguageProductionPeHa

Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Psycholinguistics; Cognitive Neuroscience

Research staff position at the MPI for Psycholinguistics

The Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics (Nijmegen, the Netherlands)
is offering a senior research staff position in the field of the
neurobiology of language production and comprehension. This is a research
position in a very inspiring research environment, without teaching
obligations. Furthermore, considerable technical support is available, as
well as access to state of the art research and neuroimaging facilities,
including MRI at 1.5,3 and 7 Tesla, a whole-head MEG system, three ERP
labs, a TMS lab, a Virtual Reality Lab, and multiple behavioural labs.The
position will be available from the beginning of 2009 and has a term of
appointment of between 3 and 5 years.

We are looking for an experimental scientist with a background in
psycholinguistics and/or cognitive neuroscience, who is interested in
undertaking research within the contours of one or both of our main
research themes: (i)Unification; (ii)Language in Action; see the institute
website for more information on these themes. Candidates should be
interested in undertaking research in the areas mentioned above, and should
have a strong publication track record. A track record in supervising Ph.D.
students would be welcomed.

Applications should include:
(i) a curriculum vitae.
(ii) a list of publications.
(iii) the names of two referees who would be willing to write letters of
recommendation.
(iv) examples of published work.
(v) a cover letter describing research interests.

For information about the position, please contact Peter Hagoort.

Send applications to Ina Grevel (Secretary to Prof.Peter Hagoort) at the
address provided below (fax:31-24-3521213)

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2009
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Ina Grevel
	Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
	Postbus 310
	Nijmegen 6500 AH
	Netherlands
Email Address for Applications: ina.grevel at mpi.nl