19.431, Qs: Corpus Pattern Analysis of Phrasal Verbs

Tue Feb 5 20:18:52 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-431. Tue Feb 05 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.431, Qs: Corpus Pattern Analysis of Phrasal Verbs

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Feb-2008
From: yushan ke < yushan.ke at gmail.com >
Subject: Corpus Pattern Analysis of Phrasal Verbs

Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:17:48
From: yushan ke [yushan.ke at gmail.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-431.html&submissionid=168163&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

I am working on a research of comparing the phrasal verb uses in a Chinese
learner corpus with a NS English corpus. I found there is a project called
"Corpus Pattern Analysis" conducted at the Marsaryk University and Brandies
University, with a purpose to build a "Pattern Dictionary of
English Verbs." The link is:
http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/projekty/cpa/

Does anyone know the results of this project or the dictionary in the scope
of phrasal verbs? Or if anyone can kindly provide me with the literature
related to the analysis approaches of phrasal verbs or verb-particle
constructions?
Many thanks in advance.

Linguistic Field(s): Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
                     English (eng)