19.662, Jobs: Arabic, Standard & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, U Florida

Thu Feb 28 16:30:42 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-662. Thu Feb 28 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.662, Jobs: Arabic, Standard & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, U Florida

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 26-Feb-2008
From: Janet Rose < jrose at aall.ufl.edu >
Subject: Arabic, Standard & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA

Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:28:57
From: Janet Rose [jrose at aall.ufl.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-662.html&submissionid=170684&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Florida
Department: African & Asian Languages & Literatures
Job Location: Florida, USA
Web Address: http://www.aall.ufl.edu

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Arabic Language

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)

The University of Florida, Department of African & Asian Languages &
Literatures, is seeking applicants for a Lecturer in Arabic Language. The
successful candidate will possess a MA in linguistics with
native/near-native proficiency in Arabic and English, and an excellent
track record in Arabic language teaching pedagogy, applied linguistics,
second language acquisition or related field. Preference is given to
candidates with experience teaching at the college level. Familiarity with
current technologies in language teaching highly desirable. Teaching duties
include language instruction at all levels (course load 3/3). Salary and
benefits are competitive.

Application Deadline: 14-Mar-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair, Arabic Search Committee Akintunde Akinyemi
	301 Pugh Hall
	PO Box 115565
	Gainesville, FL 32611-5565
	USA
Contact Information:
	Chair, Arabic Search Committee Akinyemi Akintunde
	Email: akinyemi at aall.ufl.edu
	Phone: 352-392-7082
	Fax: 352-392-1443