19.2135, Jobs: NLP, Information Retrieval: Post Doc, University of Essex

Thu Jul 3 14:47:16 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2135. Thu Jul 03 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2135, Jobs: NLP, Information Retrieval: Post Doc, University of Essex

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Jul-2008
From: Udo Kruschwitz < udo at essex.ac.uk >
Subject: Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval: Post Doc, University of Essex, Colchester, UK

Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 10:45:30
From: Udo Kruschwitz [udo at essex.ac.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2135.html&submissionid=183541&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Essex
Department: Department of Computing and Electronic Systems
Job Location: Colchester, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.essex.ac.uk

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval

Applications are invited for this 3-year fixed-term post on the 'Automatic
Adaptation of Knowledge Structures for Assisted Information Seeking'
(AutoAdapt) research project funded by the Engineering and Physical
Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). This is a joint project with the Open
University (OU) and Robert Gordon University Aberdeen (RGU). The project
will develop and evaluate methods that allow the automatic adaptation of
domain knowledge for information seeking applications such as interactive
search and browsing. Ultimately, we expect a significant impact on
industrial intranet search engine developments.

The ideal candidate combines information retrieval (IR) and natural
language processing (NLP) skills with a strong programming background.
Candidates should be graduates of computer science, information systems or
computational linguistics and be in possession of a good postgraduate
degree or equivalent experience in IR or NLP. The successful candidate will
work closely with the two investigators and our partners at the OU and RGU.

Appointment to this full-time post will be from 1 October 2008 or as soon
as possible thereafter until 30 September 2011.

Salary: £28,997 - £29,866 per annum

Further details can be found at the application url listed below.

Informal enquiries may be made to Udo Kruschwitz.

--
Udo Kruschwitz
University of Essex

Application Deadline: 15-Aug-2008