19.2149, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Text Analytics Engineer, U Illinois

Sat Jul 5 15:15:29 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2149. Sat Jul 05 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2149, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Text Analytics Engineer, U Illinois

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Jul-2008
From:  Marquis < dmarquis at riverglassinc.com >
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Text Analytics Engineer, University of Illinois, Champaign, USA

Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 11:12:48
From:  Marquis [dmarquis at riverglassinc.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2149.html&submissionid=183562&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Illinois
Department: NCSA
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: http://www.riverglassinc.com

Job Rank: Text Analytics Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Senior Text Analytics Developer

RiverGlass, Inc. is seeking extremely talented and energetic innovators to
help us perfect and advance our text analytics. We are creating some highly
innovative applications that leverage sophisticated text and data
analytics, and information visualizations to help customers in a variety of
markets, ranging from homeland security and law enforcement to financial
services.

The primary goal of this position is the development and implementation of
the RiverGlass commercial software applications. This includes identifying
and modifying existing algorithms, code implementation, testing, and
maintenance. Development will be done in the Java programming language and
will integrate with the D2K analytics development environment unless
specified otherwise. The employee will collaborate with the entire
development team.

The candidate will work within the Analytics Group in planning and
executing the creation and delivery of text analytic features for the
RiverGlass products. This position in the RiverGlass analytics group
entails individual technical and programming contributions as well as
providing leadership on technical issues. Strong candidates will have
extensive experience developing object oriented high performance applications.

The position will report to the Vice President of Engineering and can be
located in either our Champaign, Illinois office or our offices in West
Chicago, Illinois. An attractive compensation plan including cash, stock
and bonus is available to the right candidate.

Education & Training:
-  PhD or MS degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics,
Statistics, Engineering or equivalent.

Skills & Experience:
-  A strong background in Computational Linguistics or Natural Language
Processing.
-  Proven ability to deliver text mining or information retrieval solutions
for real world applications
-  Demonstrates and applies thorough understanding of software development
methodology and protocols.
-  Excellent programming skills in Java
-  Expert-level understanding of machine learning and statistical
techniques as applied to text analytics, eg, information extraction,
summarization, classification, clustering, tone/sentiment analysis,
relevance ranking
-  Experience in the creation and exploitation of domain and task
ontologies in text analytics are a plus
-  Strong communication skills

A background check will be required; holding an active security clearance
is a plus. RiverGlass, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.

Application Deadline: 30-Dec-2008 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: dmarquis at riverglassinc.com
Contact Information
	Marquis
	Email: dmarquis at riverglassinc.com