19.2327, Qs: Extraction of Relationship Information via NLP

Wed Jul 23 15:23:39 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2327. Wed Jul 23 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2327, Qs: Extraction of Relationship Information via NLP

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Dan Parker <dan at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-Jul-2008
From: Nadja Richter < peopleSurvey at in.tum.de >

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:22:38
From: Nadja Richter [peopleSurvey at in.tum.de]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2327.html&submissionid=185203&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear all,

I am currently doing research for my diploma thesis at the Technical
University Munich, Department of Computer Science.  My topic is "automatic
extraction of relationship information from natural language texts".

For my thesis I developed "People Survey", an online survey aimed at
collecting social relationship data. The goal is to collect data that can
be used as "gold standard" for testing automatic methods of extracting
social relationship information from texts.

I am writing to this list because I am looking for participants for my
survey.  It would be great if you could participate in the survey and
spread the word.  Thank you!

Here is how to participate in the survey:

1. Please go to
http://peoplesurvey.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/PeopleSurvey/introduction.xhtml

2. Please follow the instructions there.

Privacy note:

The information obtained in this survey will not be used for any
promotional purposes. All data will be analyzed completely anonymously. No
data will be delivered to any third party.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Nadja Richter

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
                     Semantics