19.2363, FYI: Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) Chat Corpus

Mon Jul 28 19:16:19 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2363. Mon Jul 28 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2363, FYI: Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) Chat Corpus

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-Jul-2008
From: Craig Martell < cmartell at nps.edu >
Subject: Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) Chat Corpus

Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:15:02
From: Craig Martell [cmartell at nps.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2363.html&submissionid=185503&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The NPS Chat Corpus, Release 1.0 is now available.  Release 1.0 consists of
10,567 posts out of approximately 500,000 posts we have gathered from
various online chat services in accordance with their terms of service.
Future releases will contain more posts from more domains.

The posts included in Release 1.0 have been:

1) Hand privacy masked;
2) Part-of-speech tagged; and
3) Dialogue-act tagged.

The NPS Chat Corpus will be part of the Natural Language Tool Kit (NLTK) as
of ver 0.9.4.

For license information and instructions on how to obtain the corpus,
please see

http://faculty.nps.edu/cmartell/NPSChat.htm

For questions and further information, please email Craig Martell
(cmartell at nps.edu).

Craig Martell
Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, CA 93943

Tel: (831) 656-2110
Fax: (831) 656-2814
cmartell at nps.edu

Linguistic Field(s): Text/Corpus Linguistics