19.1763, Jobs: General Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Michigan-Flint

Tue Jun 3 14:16:33 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1763. Tue Jun 03 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1763, Jobs: General Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Michigan-Flint

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Jun-2008
From: Kazuko Hiramatsu < kazukoh at umflint.edu >
Subject: General Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Michigan-Flint, USA

Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:14:03
From: Kazuko Hiramatsu [kazukoh at umflint.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1763.html&submissionid=180643&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Michigan-Flint
Department: English
Job Location: Michigan, USA
Web Address: http://www.umflint.edu/english

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Department of English at the University of Michigan-Flint is seeking a
Lecturer I to teach linguistics courses for the Fall 2008 semester
(beginning August 27, 2008).  The lecturer will be expected to teach
ENG/LIN 200: Introduction to Linguistics and ENG/LIN 244: The Structure of
English.  Minimum salary for this position is $3,125 per course section.

Minimum Qualifications: MA in Linguistics, English, or a related field,
with at least one year experience teaching introductory linguistics at the
college level.  Online instructional experience (Blackboard platform) is
preferred.

Candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and teaching
portfolio to Dr. Stephen Bernstein at the address provided below.
Electronic submissions are also welcome.  In addition to submitting
directly to the hiring department as described above, you are also
requested to submit your resume through the University of Michigan's job
posting website at http://www.umjobs.org.

For full consideration, complete applications should arrive by the deadline.

This position is subject to terms and conditions of a collective bargaining
agreement between the University of Michigan and the Lecturer's Employee
Organization (LEO) AFT/MFT and SRP Local 6244, AFL-CIO.

This posting is also avilable at
https://employcws.umich.edu/cws/seeker.html. You'll need to register or
simply Visit as a Guest and type "Stephen Bernstein" into the keyword
search to turn up posting #19886.

The University of Michigan-Flint is a non-discriminatory, Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Flint campus is an urban
regional unit of the University of Michigan.

Application Deadline: 20-Jun-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Stephen Bernstein
	University of Michigan-Flint