19.1838, All: Cookbook on LINGUIST

Mon Jun 9 18:12:32 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1838. Mon Jun 09 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1838, All: Cookbook on LINGUIST

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 09-Jun-2008
From: Catherine Adams < catherin at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Cookbook on LINGUIST

Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:59:23
From: Catherine Adams [catherin at linguistlist.org]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1838.html&submissionid=181342&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

Dear Subscribers,

Attention chefs and food lovers! Today, LINGUIST is proud to release our new,
revised cookbook. In 1999, our moderators established the cookbook to honor the
memory of Dr. James D. McCawley (University of Chicago Linguistics Department),
who was a wonderful linguist, teacher, and gourmet. We are proud to offer The
LINGUIST cookbook as an ongoing tribute to him.

Recently, we noticed that the cookbook had become out of date and difficult to
use, and so the LINGUIST staff has worked hard to develop a new, easier system
for reading and uploading recipes. You can find a recipe, submit your favorite
concoction, or just browse through the list of what other linguists are eating.
The cookbook includes food of all kinds: appetizers/snacks, soups, salads,
entrée, breads, desserts, beverages, and miscellaneous. Just like LINGUIST
subscribers, our cookbook recipes come from all over the world!

New features allow you to:

*Submit a photo of your dish.
*Share the story behind your submission.
*Mark and view recipes that accommodate special diets, e.g. sugar free,
vegetarian, etc.
*Rate recipes from 1-5 pigs (5 pigs = Terrific!), or submit a brief recipe review.
*View all recipes sorted by category, recipe name, submitter, and rating. (To do
this, simply click on the category title that you want to sort by.)

Please visit the new cookbook at:
http://www.linguistlist.org/cookbook/index.cfm

We hope you enjoy the recipes!

Sincerely,