19.1620, Jobs: Speech Synthesis: Research Engineer, Toshiba Research Europe

Wed May 21 14:06:59 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1620. Wed May 21 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1620, Jobs: Speech Synthesis: Research Engineer, Toshiba Research Europe

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 20-May-2008
From: Kate Knill < kate.knill at crl.toshiba.co.uk >
Subject: Speech Synthesis: Research Engineer, Toshiba Research Europe, Cambridge, UK

Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 10:05:29
From: Kate Knill [kate.knill at crl.toshiba.co.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1620.html&submissionid=178923&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Toshiba Research Europe, Cambridge Research Lab
Department: Speech Technology Group
Job Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.toshiba-europe.com/research/crl/index.html

Job Rank: Research Engineer

Specialty Areas: Speech Synthesis

We are looking for a research engineer to contribute to the creation of the
next generation of Toshiba TTS.

Required skills:
- PhD in related subject or equivalent industry expertise
- Good knowledge of statistical pattern processing
- Good software skills in C, Python and Linux
- Good English and communication skills

Preferred skills:
- Bachelors degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
- Track record of international publications in field
- Knowledge of signal processing
- Industrial coding experience
- Experience of working in a team
- Knowledge of other major European languages

The CRL Speech Technology Group (STG) is a multinational team of dynamic
individuals. Established in 2002, we perform mid-to-long term research for
Toshiba's speech recognition and synthesis systems. Together with speech
groups in Toshiba RDC, Japan, and Toshiba China, we also contribute to the
development of systems for deployment in North America and Europe. Based in
the beautiful city of Cambridge, England, we have close links with the
University of Cambridge.

An attractive salary and benefit package is available. Applicants should
send a CV and a covering letter to the e-mail provided below.

Application Deadline: 16-Jun-2008

Email Address for Applications: stg-jobs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Contact Information:
	Dr Kate Knill