19.1641, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, University of Heidelberg

Thu May 22 16:50:13 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1641. Thu May 22 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1641, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, University of Heidelberg

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-May-2008
From: Anette Frank < frank at cl.uni-heidelberg.de >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, University of Heidelberg, Germany

Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:44:38
From: Anette Frank [frank at cl.uni-heidelberg.de]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1641.html&submissionid=179227&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Heidelberg
Department: Computational Linguistics Department
Job Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Web Address: http://www.cl.uni-heidelberg.de

Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

The Department of Computational Linguistics at the University of Heidelberg
advertises a half-time position for a Computational Linguist starting at
the earliest convenience. Initial duration is one year, with anticipated
extension for another year. Salary is according to the German scale TV-L 13/2.

We are looking for a skilled Computational Linguist who will provide
scientific and administrative support to our Computational Linguistics
teaching programs.

Tasks encompass research and teaching in the Computational Linguistics study
programs, including:
- teaching courses of the department's computational linguistics curricula
and/or educational courses (academic writing, presentation skills) (3.5 SWS,
hours/week)
- providing individual support and advice for students in final student
projects.

The successful candidate holds a diploma or Masters degree in Computational
Linguistics or a related field. We expect profound knowledge in theoretical
and applied computational linguistics, as well as mature skills in scientific
writing. Background in statistical language processing is a plus. The
candidate is given opportunity to pursue a PhD.

The Computational Linguistics Department of the University of Heidelberg
undertakes research in the area of multilingual language processing, with
focus on semantics and data-driven methods (http://www.cl.uni-heidelberg.de).
The Computational Linguistics Department is associated with the Heidelberg
Graduate School of Mathematical and Computational Methods for the Sciences
(http://www.mathcomp.uni-heidelberg.de). Doctoral students can associate
with the graduate school and take part in special teaching programs.

Please send your applications to the address below. We also accept electronic
applications.

All applications received by June 23, 2008 will receive fullest consideration.
The position remains open until filled. The University of Heidelberg is an
equal opportunity employer.

Inquiries should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Anette Frank.

Application Deadline: 23-Jun-2008 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof. Dr. Anette Frank
	Seminar für Computerlinguistik
	Universität Heidelberg