20.4202, Jobs: Applied Ling; French; Arabic: Teaching Asst Prof, West Virginia U

Tue Dec 8 19:49:14 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-4202. Tue Dec 08 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.4202, Jobs: Applied Ling; French; Arabic: Teaching Asst Prof, West Virginia U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 07-Dec-2009
From: Ángel Tuninetti < angel.tuninetti at mail.wvu.edu >
Subject: Applied Linguistics; French; Arabic: Teaching Assistant Professor, West Virginia University, WV, USA

Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 14:46:26
From: Ángel Tuninetti [angel.tuninetti at mail.wvu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-4202.html&submissionid=2230521&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: West Virginia University
Department: Foreign Languages
Job Location: West Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://forlang.wvu.edu

Job Rank: Teaching Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      French (fra)

The Department of Foreign Languages at West Virginia University invites
applications for a full-time, renewable and promotable Teaching Assistant
Professor position, beginning August 2010. Applicants must have a Ph.D.
degree in hand or expected by August 2010 in Arabic, French, linguistics or
equivalent (ABD may be considered for appointment at the instructor rank).
We are looking for an energetic individual eager to develop an Arabic
program and contribute to a thriving French program. The candidate is
expected to supervise the Arabic program, teach undergraduate courses in
Arabic language and culture, and French linguistics. Ability to teach
Arabic and/or Francophone culture courses in English preferred. Native or
near-native proficiency in Arabic, French and English, and excellent
teaching skills are required.

Teaching Assistant Professors at WVU are eligible for promotion, however
promotion to senior ranks is not a requirement for institutional commitment
and career stability in a Teaching Faculty appointment. There is no
research expectation for the Teaching professor track.

Please send a letter of application with a statement of teaching interests,
curriculum vita, evidence of teaching performance, and three letters of
recommendation to the application address below. Review of applications
will begin January 15 and continue until the position is filled. Please
direct further inquiries to Dr. Ángel Tuninetti, contact information below.

WVU is a Research I - High Activity University, an Affirmative Action and
EEO employer, and supports dual career couples: http://www.dualcareer.wvu.edu/.

The university is located in the community of Morgantown, which offers
plentiful opportunities as well as recreational outlets that draw on the
natural beauty and rich culture of Appalachia. Morgantown is located within
1½ hours of Pittsburgh and 3½ hours of the Washington/Baltimore area. It
has been recognized as one of the most livable small cities in the U.S.

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair, Arabic-French Search Committee
	Department of Foreign Languages