20.380, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Analyst, AT&T Interactive

Thu Feb 5 17:21:03 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-380. Thu Feb 05 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.380, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Analyst, AT&T Interactive

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 04-Feb-2009
From: Chris Citero < chris.citero at tmp.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Analyst, AT&T Interactive, Glendale, CA, USA

Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:19:08
From: Chris Citero [chris.citero at tmp.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-380.html&submissionid=204566&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: AT&T Interactive
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.yellowpages.com

Job Rank: Analyst

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Analyst - Labeling Team

Are you looking for a fast moving, creative environment where you can use
your expertise to develop and market cutting-edge interactive and digital
products?

AT&T Interactive connects consumers and advertisers across multiple digital
platforms - online, mobile and even TV. You can help create and support
exciting new products and services for our growing portfolio of brands
including yellowpages.com, the most preferred Internet Yellow Pages in the
US, AnyWho and Keen. We also develop the technology behind Ingenio Pay Per
Call. AT&T Interactive is a wholly owned subsidiary of AT&T.

Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating
the best products in the marketplace. We currently have an opportunity for
an experienced Analyst - Labeling Team in our Glendale, California offices.

Responsibilities:
-  Search Quality Evaluation: rate the quality of search results.
-  Data Labeling: Label speech and text data.

Requirements:
-  In depth, up-to-date familiarity with English-speaking web culture and
media.
-  Broad ranges of interests.
-  Strong ability to read and write in the English language.
-  Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities.
-  Excellent written communication skills.
-  Bachelor's degree in English, Linguistics, Information Management or
equivalent.

Desired Skills:
-  Comfortable working in a UNIX environment
-  Fluency in Perl or another scripting language.
-  Experience or interest in search engines and information retrieval.
-  Involvement in language engineering projects
-  SQL
-  Familiarity with Ontology development

We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a 401(k),
bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Jobs are located in
Glendale California, near downtown Los Angeles.  Send us your resume today.

Equal Opportunity Employer

Application Deadline: 04-Aug-2009

Web Address for Applications: http://www.yellowpages.com
Contact Information: