20.429, FYI: IPA Trainer now available online

Tue Feb 10 20:15:39 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-429. Tue Feb 10 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.429, FYI: IPA Trainer now available online

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Feb-2009
From: Rasmus Rimestad < rasmusrim at gmail.com >
Subject: IPA Trainer now available online

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:14:29
From: Rasmus Rimestad [rasmusrim at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-429.html&submissionid=205126&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

I have programmed the first version of a tool I call IPA Trainer. It is a
tool supposed to help students learn the IPA characters. I believe and have
experienced that it is very helpful. Any lecturer can register, and then
customise an IPA consonants chart containing only the IPA characters that
are relevant to his/her students and in the order he/she teaches them. A
link can then be distributed to the students, and they can go practice
these characters.

I believe you will also find this interesting, and I would be happy if you
would add a link to it on your site. Any feedback/bugs are also very
welcome. The system is in English.

The system can be found at:
http://www.ipatrainer.com

An introduction page for lecturers can be found at:
http://www.ipatrainer.com/user/site/index.php?pageID=for_lecturers

A manual can be downloaded from:
http://www.ipatrainer.com/data/pdf/manual_en.pdf

I really hope the system can be of use!