20.611, Jobs: Cognitive Science; Comp Linguistics: Post Doc, ISI Foundation

Fri Feb 27 03:53:11 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-611. Thu Feb 26 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.611, Jobs: Cognitive Science; Comp Linguistics: Post Doc, ISI Foundation

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 26-Feb-2009
From: Vittorio Loreto < vittorio.loreto at gmail.com >
Subject: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics: Post Doc, ISI Foundation, Turin, Italy

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:51:41
From: Vittorio Loreto [vittorio.loreto at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-611.html&submissionid=206846&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: ISI Foundation
Job Location: , Italy
Web Address: http://www.isi.it

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics

Applications are invited to fill one postdoctoral fellowship at the
Institute for Scientific Interchange Foundation (ISI) in Turin, Italy. The
candidate is expected to work in the stimulating area of quantitative
approaches to language dynamics and cognitive science.

A strong interest towards working in a highly interdisciplinary area is an
imperative requisite, the object of the postdoc involving issues from
different fields such as hard sciences (physics, mathematics and computer
science), linguistics, cognitive science and economics. Good modeling
abilities and computer programming skills are appreciated, but not mandatory.

The selected candidate will be able to design and perform research, and
he/she will have the freedom and the charge to help shaping the research
lines of the group. Creative and motivated individuals are therefore
strongly encouraged to apply, regardless of their specialties.

The ISI Foundation offers a stimulating environment with different groups
working in interdisciplinary research on complex systems. The duration of
the fellowship is one year, and it is renewable for a second year. We are
able to guarantee competitive salaries.

Applications including a CV, a list of publications, and a description of
past research and future research interests, should be sent to Vittorio
Loreto (see application email below). Applicants might be later required to
arrange for two letters of recommendation.

Applications will be considered upon their reception. Though we do not fix
a strict deadline we invite candidates to send their applications by March
15th, 2009.

Application Deadline: 15-Mar-2009 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: vittorio.loreto at isi.it
Contact Information:
	Prof. Vittorio Loreto
	Email: vittorio.loreto at gmail.com