20.116, Jobs: French; English & Comp Ling, Corpus Ling, Translation: Comp ...

Tue Jan 13 18:27:22 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-116. Tue Jan 13 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.116, Jobs: French; English & Comp Ling, Corpus Ling, Translation: Comp ...

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Jan-2009
From: Bianka Buschbeck < buschbeck at systran.fr >
Subject: French; English & Computational Linguistics, Corpus Linguistics, Translation: Computational Linguist, SYSTRAN, France

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:24:49
From: Bianka Buschbeck [buschbeck at systran.fr]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-116.html&submissionid=201793&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: SYSTRAN
Department: Linguistic Resources
Job Location: , France
Web Address: http://www.systran.fr

Job Rank: Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      French (fra)

We are currently looking for a highly qualified computational linguist with
native competence in English to join an international team for the
development of MT corpus and dictionary resources.

Primary responsibilities are:

- Corpus-based dictionary development for our European language pairs
involving English
- Linguistic support, training and application of statistical models for
client projects
- Improvement of English analysis and automatic dictionary coding resources
- Integration and testing of linguistic resources

Required Skills:

The ideal candidate must have strong interest in developing and enhancing
the capabilities of machine translation and meet the following requirements:

- Native competence of English and French
- Experience in developing and applying statistical and corpus-based
methods to NLP applications
- Thorough knowledge of computational lexicography and NLP methods in general
- Strong skills in English and French morphology and syntax
- Fluency in other European languages is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Perl and other scripting languages
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team

Education and Experience:

Advanced degree in Computational Linguistics, Informatics, Linguistics or
Translation Studies (Masters or Ph.D.), and 2+ years experience in an
industrial or academic NLP environment

About SYSTRAN

SYSTRAN is the market leading provider of language translation software
products and solutions for the desktop, enterprise and Internet that
facilitate communication in 52 language combinations and in 20 vertical
domains. With over three decades of expertise and research and development,
SYSTRAN's software is the choice of leading global corporations, portals
including AltaVista, Yahoo!, and Microsoft, and public agencies like the US
Intelligence Community and the European Commission.

Use of SYSTRAN products and solutions enhance multilingual communication
and increase user productivity and time-savings for B2E, B2B and B2C market
segments as they deliver real-time language solutions for search, content
management, online customer support, intra or inter company collaboration,
and eCommerce.

SYSTRAN is headquartered in Paris, France with a North American office
located in San Diego, California, USA.

SYSTRAN (Code ISIN FR0004109197, Bloomberg: SYST NM, Reuters: SYTN.LN) is
listed on EuroNext Paris, Compartiment C.

Email Address for Applications: buschbeck at systran.fr
Contact Information:
	Dr Bianka Buschbeck
	Email: buschbeck at systran.fr