20.2605, Jobs: Managing Curriculum: Vice President, Rosetta Stone

Sat Jul 25 13:30:00 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-2605. Sat Jul 25 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.2605, Jobs: Managing Curriculum: Vice President, Rosetta Stone

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-Jul-2009
From: Anna May Stratton < astratton at rosettastone.com >
Subject: Managing Curriculum: Vice President, Rosetta Stone, Harrisonburg, VA, USA

Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 09:27:38
From: Anna May Stratton [astratton at rosettastone.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-2605.html&submissionid=224927&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Rosetta Stone
Department: Content Development
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.rosettastone.com

Job Rank: Vice President

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Managing Curriculum

As Rosetta Stone's VP, Curriculum you'll be at the forefront of helping us
deliver on our mission of creating the best technology-based solutions for
learning languages to help people improve their lives and make the world a
better place.

Our VP, Curriculum will assist the Product Development organization in
building innovative solutions that embrace our hallmark Dynamic Immersion
methodology. Your job will be truly dynamic and fast-paced. One day you'll
be driving the creation of a new curriculum; the next helping direct tough
scope and sequence decisions; then perhaps reviewing the work of our highly
talented creative writers, content editors, photographers, voice talent,
and language experts from around the world.

We believe in the power of immersion. And while you'll need to be a
proponent of that learning methodology, we also want our development teams
to grow under your experience and deep knowledge of language acquisition,
both for foreign languages and ESL/EFL.  We are looking for a world-class
expert who has authored extensive language acquisition curriculum; worked
side-by-side -- for years -- with people from around the world struggling
to learn and advance their language skills to reach fluency; and be able to
clearly communicate your direction to a wide variety of content creation
experts across the organization.

And there's a sweetener! You'll work in a world-leading educational
technology company out of a funky turn-of-the-century renovated warehouse
in downtown Harrisonburg, a small town in idyllic Shenandoah Valley in
Virginia, only a 2 hour drive from Washington DC. A true work / life
balance is waiting for you here.

If you love language, want to work in a super fast-paced, challenging
environment, and want your lifelong passion and experience to truly impact
how the world learns languages, please contact us.

Rosetta Stone  Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state
or local laws.

Application Deadline: 23-Aug-2009

Email Address for Applications: astratton at rosettastone.com
Contact Information: