20.3059, Jobs: Programmer, Comp Ling: Q-go Natural Lang Search, Netherlands

Sat Sep 12 03:22:03 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3059. Fri Sep 11 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3059, Jobs: Programmer, Comp Ling:  Q-go Natural Lang Search, Netherlands

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-Sep-2009
From: Tijn Porcelijn < tijn.porcelijn at q-go.com >
Subject: Software Engineer: Programmer / Computational Linguist, Q-go Natural Language Search, Netherlands

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:19:07
From: Tijn Porcelijn [tijn.porcelijn at q-go.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3059.html&submissionid=229847&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Q-go Natural Language Search
Department: Development
Job Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.q-go.com

Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Software Engineer

C++ Developer / Computational Linguist

As a C++ Developer / Computational Linguist at Q-go, you are working in a
team developing Q-go's core technology: the Natural Language Match Engine.
Your job will be maintaining the current code base and implementing new
functionality with a close eye on performance and scalability as well as
quality and testability.

The Natural Language Match Engine is released together with other parts of
Q-go's suite in a quarterly cycle. Consequently, you will work closely with
other C++ and PHP developers, but also with Q-go's Linguists and Researchers.

We expect you to be an active and critical team member. We greatly
appreciate that developers take initiative in the functional development of
our products.

Technology
Q-go's core technology is implemented in C++ using STL and Boost libraries.
Linux is used as a main development environment with shell scripts for
automated building, integration and testing.

Culture
The culture within Q-go is young, open and informal. We are working hard
and results matter. Taking responsibility is important. Q-go is ambitious
('we are going to conquer the world!') and optimistic ('The bottle is half
full!'). Not just thinking, but making it happen!

Knowledge & Experience

    * Academic education in information science or related field
    * At least 5 years experience in the C/C++ work field
    * Experience in developing large (preferably web-based) software systems
    * At least 2 years experience with Linux/Unix, including scripting
(Python/Bash/Perl/Ruby)
    * Affinity with Test-Driven Development

Skills

    * Independent, creative and result oriented
    * Good communication skills in English required; fluency in Dutch
preferred but not required.
    * Experience in the computational linguistic work field is a plus

Apply now
If this job is perfect for you and you meet the requirements, please send
your resume and application letter to jobs at q-go.com. More information on
this job? Contact Eveline Meurs at +31.20.5313800.

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2009

Email Address for Applications: jobs at q-go.com
Contact Information:
	Eveline Meurs