20.3060, FYI: New Website: Committee of Editors of Ling Journals

Sat Sep 12 18:25:40 UTC 2009

LINGUIST List: Vol-20-3060. Sat Sep 12 2009. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 20.3060, FYI: New Website: Committee of Editors of Ling Journals

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Sep-2009
From: Joe Salmons < jsalmons at wisc.edu >

Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:22:40
From: Joe Salmons [jsalmons at wisc.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=20-3060.html&submissionid=229948&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The Committee of Editors of Linguistics Journals (CELxJ) is pleased to
announce the launching of our new website, http://celxj.org/, and we invite
all interested parties to visit it.

CELxJ started informally in 2003 with a meeting at the Linguistic Society
of America (LSA), where we have held yearly committee meetings since then.
We also host an email discussion group. We are working to increase
communication among journal editors, reviewers, authors and readers in our
field. We have held symposia to that end, and materials presented at our
2009 event on journal rankings and citation indexes are available on the
website, along with our unified style sheet for linguistics journals, now
being adopted by numerous journals and publishers. The group is open to all
editors (including associate and book review editors) of journals involved
in the scientific study of language.

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics