21.1868, Jobs: General Ling; Phonetics: Rank Open, U of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

Mon Apr 19 02:16:23 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-1868. Sun Apr 18 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.1868, Jobs: General Ling; Phonetics: Rank Open, U of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 16-Apr-2010
From: Kami Graham < klgraham at uwm.edu >
Subject: General Linguistics; Phonetics: Rank Open, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, USA

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 22:13:57
From: Kami Graham [klgraham at uwm.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-1868.html&submissionid=2627336&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Wisconsin, USA
Web Address: http://www4.uwm.edu/

Job Rank: Rank Open

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics

The Linguistics Department provides both a general and an applied option
leading to an undergraduate major as well as an option for a minor in
linguistics. We also have an MA and a Ph.D., currently offered through the
English Department, however the transfer of the MA and Ph.D. to the
Linguistics Department is currently in progress.

Job Summary/Basic Function:
General linguist with specialization in phonetics. Applicants should be
prepared to set up a phonetics laboratory, and to teach undergraduate
introductory courses in linguistics and graduate courses in all areas of
phonetics in the MA and Ph.D. program in linguistics.

Minimum Qualifications:
1) Ph.D. in linguistics or related field in hand at the time of appointment.
2) General linguist with specialization in phonetics.
3) Ability to set up a phonetics laboratory.
4) Ability to teach undergraduate introductory courses in linguistics and
graduate courses in all areas of phonetics in the MA and Ph.D. program in
linguistics.

Preferred Qualifications:
1) Knowledge of a language other than English
2) Familiarity with research in second language acquisition

Apply online at: www.jobs.uwm.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51336

A complete application includes a letter of application, curriculum vitae,
and three letters of recommendation. Questions and letters of reference may
be directed to Ms. Kami Graham, contact information below.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Ms. Kami Graham
	Department of Linguistics
	University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee