21.721, All: Changes to The LINGUIST List Website Coming Soon

Thu Feb 11 16:50:45 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-721. Thu Feb 11 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.721, All: Changes to The LINGUIST List Website Coming Soon

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 09-Feb-2010
From: Fatemeh Abdollahi < fatemeh at linguistlist.org >

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:49:10
From: Fatemeh Abdollahi [fatemeh at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-721.html&submissionid=2609774&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

Dear Subscribers,

The LINGUIST List offers a number of online features in addition to our
listserv subscription service. Through our website, readers like you have
access to free resources such as EasyAbs, the Student Portal,  LL-MAP and
MultiTree (just to name a few). Developing these features takes much of our
time here at The LINGUIST List, and we thought it was high time we created
a more modern platform for these features. This year, we have developed a
new interface for our website (http://linguistlist.org) and we hope to go
public with our make-over soon!

The new LINGUIST List interface has been designed with the reader in mind,
improving the usability of our site. The site will feature side-bar
navigation with easy to follow categories. It will link directly to popular
site content, such as job announcements and conference calls, to improve
access to information that may have been difficult to spot before. Links to
our RSS feeds, a Google site search, and online access to our projects
(such as LL-MAP, MultiTree, & E-MELD) will be featured prominently on the
homepage. Our new interface will also allow you to easily find ways to
manage your subscription and browse posting areas. Breadcrumb navigation
will also be included at the top of every page to help guide you through
the site.

We have often been told by users how surprised they are by how much our
site has to offer. With these revisions, we hope that the information
collected on our site will be more visible and accessible to all.

We look forward to the unveiling of our new look, and hope that you do as well!

Best Wishes,

The LINGUIST List Crew

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable