21.4383, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Florida International U

Tue Nov 2 17:05:14 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4383. Tue Nov 02 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4383, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Florida International U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 01-Nov-2010
From: Feryal Yavas [yavasf at fiu.edu]
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Florida International University, FL, USA

Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 13:03:40
From: Feryal Yavas [yavasf at fiu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4383.html&submissionid=3478134&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Florida International University
Department: Linguistics Program, English Department
Job Location: Florida, USA
Web Address: http://english.fiu.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

FIU is a multi-campus public research university located in Miami. Serving
more than 42,000 students, FIU offers more than 180 baccalaureate, masters,
professional and doctoral degree programs. As one of South Florida's anchor
institutions, FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement,
finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our times.

Florida International University invites applications for a tenure-track
position in Linguistics, with a specialization in Sociolinguistics, at the
Assistant Professor level, to begin Fall, 2011.

Required: Ph.D. in Linguistics by the end of Spring, 2011 semester,
teaching experience, evidence of research.

Applicants should submit: a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three
letters of reference, teaching evaluations, and representative published or
unpublished scholarly work electronically at the application URL below:
(Note: Applicants need to create a  profile in order to apply).

Please note in your application letter if you are planning to attend the
LSA Meeting.

FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal
Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.

Application Deadline: 10-Dec-2010

Web Address for Applications: http://alturl.com/n3bho
Contact Information:
	Dr. Feryal Yavas