21.4606, Jobs: General Ling & Language Acquisition: Scientist, Alelo TLT LLC

Wed Nov 17 15:42:14 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4606. Wed Nov 17 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4606, Jobs: General Ling & Language Acquisition: Scientist, Alelo TLT LLC

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Nov-2010
From: Kevin Perry [kperry at alelo.com]
Subject: General Linguistics & Language Acquisition: Scientist, Alelo TLT LLC, California, USA

Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:40:57
From: Kevin Perry [kperry at alelo.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4606.html&submissionid=3791665&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Alelo TLT LLC
Department: Science
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://alelo.com
Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
                      English (eng)
                      French (fra)
                      Indonesian (ind)
                      Portuguese (por)
                      Spanish (spa)
                      Urdu (urd)

Alelo is a dynamic, fast-growing software company in west Los Angeles. We
develop and commercialize award-winning language and culture training
systems. The systems throw learners into a rich story driven 3D game world
where they get to practice communication skills in a foreign language and
culture by interacting verbally and non-verbally with AI characters. Please
visit us at our website.

As an associate proposal writer, you will be a part of a team that
researches, prepares, writes and delivers proposals to clients and
potential clients worldwide. You will serve as a communication hub between
proposal analysts, executives, and our research staff. You will analyze
incoming RFI/RFPs, and prepare and maintain proposal preparation schedules.
You will primarily work with proposals for the US federal government. You
will also be responsible for managing and maintaining a centralized
proposal database of information and activities.

You will be a person who:
- Possesses a solid knowledge of proposal writing and editing.
- Has experience working with proposals for the US federal government.
- Has worked in a small dynamic company.
- Possesses strong analytical and process skills
- Has outstanding writing skills.
- Is creative.
- Is organized and detail-oriented.
- Is analytical by nature and can look at data this way.
- Is aware of time and deadlines and knows intuitively when 'enough is enough'.
- Works fast and enjoys getting things done.
- Is an excellent communicator.
- Can work with customers, including the most demanding, to make sure their
needs are being met.
- Works independently.
- Is a team player and a problem solver.
- Can take the 'big picture' view of projects.

Desired experience:
- Knowledge of government contracting practice.
- Formal education or extensive experience with technical writing,
proofreading, and copy editing.

This will be a contract to hire position for the right candidate.

To apply for this position, please visit the application URL below.

Do not reply to this posting. No recruiters, phone calls, faxes or visits
please. Must be a US citizen or able to work in the US.

Web Address for Applications: http://www.applicantstack.com/client/alelo/x/openings
Contact Information:
	Exec Director of Production Kevin Perry
	Email: kperry at alelo.com