21.3944, Jobs: English & Applied Ling: Assessment Research and Dev Head, EF

Wed Oct 6 14:44:25 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3944. Wed Oct 06 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3944, Jobs: English & Applied Ling: Assessment Research and Dev Head, EF

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 06-Oct-2010
From: Yerrie Kim < yerrie.kim at ef.com >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics: Head of Assessment Research and Development, EF Education First, United Kingdom

Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:43:22
From: Yerrie Kim [yerrie.kim at ef.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3944.html&submissionid=2650756&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: EF Education First
Job Location: , United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.ef.com

Job Rank: Head of Assessment Research and Development

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Do you have a vision for how exams could become more relevant in language
learning and teaching? EF is looking for an experienced and motivated
professional to lead the development of language assessments.

The Role
Our aim is to make assessments a more integral part of EF's existing
language learning system. As Head of Assessment Research and Development,
you will have a challenging yet original leadership responsibility to make
this happen.

You will lead EF's efforts to enhance the quality of our existing English
language assessments. You will also be responsible for the design and
development of new assessments that leverage EF's language learning system,
latest technology and worldwide presence. You will also guide and define
research needs from both academic and technical perspectives. Your will
also serve as an academic liaison internally, working closely with members
of EF's Academic and Product Managers in London, Zurich and Shanghai. The
starting location for the position will be London, UK.

Requirements
-PhD or EdD in Assessment & Measurement/ Applied Linguistics/ Curriculum,
Instruction & Assessments/ Psychometrics/ Foreign Language Education or
related field
-5 to 10 years professional experience
-Exceptional knowledge in assessment design and implementation processes
-Familiarity with ongoing research on educational measurement
-Thorough understanding of relevant statistical techniques and analytical
skills
-Experience and familiarity with the international education market
-Passion for opportunities to provide effective learning, teaching, and
assessment
-Proficient at meeting deadlines and managing workflow
-Ability to collaborate in a dynamic team environment

Employer Information
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break
down barriers in language, culture, and geography. So far we have helped
over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an
academic degree.

EF is an equal opportunities employer with schools and offices in over 50
countries and over 31,000 staff and teachers. EF offers competitive
salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by
the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking
company, we want to hear from you. Interested candidates should send a CV
and a cover letter to Yerrie Kim at the application email listed below.

The closing date for applications is 8 January 2011 and interviews will be
held on a rolling basis. We encourage interested applicants to apply as
soon as possible.

Application Deadline: 08-Jan-2011

Email Address for Applications: yerrie.kim at ef.com
Contact Information: