21.4159, Jobs: Theoretical Linguistics: Assistant Professor, East Carolina U

Tue Oct 19 17:24:00 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4159. Tue Oct 19 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4159, Jobs: Theoretical Linguistics: Assistant Professor, East Carolina U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 18-Oct-2010
From:  Human Resources [none at given.com]
Subject: Theoretical Linguistics: Assistant Professor, East Carolina University, NC, USA

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:21:59
From:  Human Resources [none at given.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4159.html&submissionid=2652477&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: East Carolina University
Department: Department of English
Job Location: North Carolina, USA
Web Address: http://www.ecu.edu/english/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Theoretical Linguistics

Assistant Professor of Theoretical Linguistics
Vacancy # 935524
Department of English

The Department of English at East Carolina University is seeking to fill a
tenure-track position at the assistant professor level, specializing in
theoretical linguistics, to begin August 15, 2011.

Candidates should have expertise in theoretical linguistics and be prepared
to teach in at least three of the following areas: morphology, phonetics,
phonology, semantics, and syntax. Secondary interest in at least one area
of applied linguistics and/or sociolinguistics a plus. The successful
candidate is expected to support and contribute to teaching, research, and
innovative curriculum development in graduate and undergraduate programs.
Appropriate service to the university, community, and profession is
expected. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.

Minimum Qualifications: Doctorate from an appropriately accredited
institution and record of scholarship required. Will consider other titles
based on degree and qualifications.

Screening will begin November 15, 2010, and continue until the position is
filled. Applicants must complete a candidate profile and submit a cover
letter addressing research agenda and teaching, curriculum vitae, and
writing sample online at the URL below. In addition, arrange for three
current reference letters to be sent to the address below. Official
transcript required upon employment.

Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer

View this job posting at
https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=64025

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2010 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Jeffrey Johnson, Chair
	Department of English
	Mail Stop 555, Bate Building 2201