21.4161, Jobs: Applied Ling; ESL; TESOL: Assistant Professor, Eastern Michigan U

Tue Oct 19 17:43:48 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-4161. Tue Oct 19 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.4161, Jobs: Applied Ling; ESL; TESOL: Assistant Professor, Eastern Michigan U

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 18-Oct-2010
From: Jeff Popko [apopko at emich.edu]
Subject: Applied Linguistics; ESL; TESOL: Assistant Professor, Eastern Michigan University, MI, USA

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:42:38
From: Jeff Popko [apopko at emich.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-4161.html&submissionid=3321774&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Eastern Michigan University
Department: Department of World Languages
Job Location: Michigan, USA
Web Address: http://www.emich.edu/worldlanguages/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; ESL; TESOL

The Department of World Languages invites applications for a tenure-track
Assistant Professor position in ESL and TESOL, starting in fall 2011. ABD
with concentration in TESOL, Second Language Acquisition, Applied
Linguistics, or Educational Leadership with a strong ESL and TESOL
background required, Doctorate preferred. Teaching responsibilities of this
position include ESL and TESOL courses in our ESL, MA-TESOL, MI-TESOL
(Peace Corps), TESOL minor, and TESOL Graduate Certification programs
including ESL from IEP to graduate level EAP, methods and materials,
testing, and educational linguistics.

The successful candidate will show promise for research in the area of
Teaching and Learning. This position also involves supervision of student
teachers and administrative duties. Successful experience in teaching
ESL/EFL courses and ESOL teacher preparation courses preferred. Previous
overseas teaching experience/knowledge of a foreign language expected.

Application Deadline: November 15, 2010.
Flexible Deadline: Position open until filled.

All applications must be made online at the application URL below - Posting
#FA1126E. Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum
vitae, transcripts, and three letters of reference.

Founded in 1849, Eastern Michigan University enrolls nearly 23,000 students
who are served by over 2,000 faculty and staff, both on-campus, off-campus
and electronically. Located in culturally and environmentally diverse
southeastern Michigan, characterized by metropolitan growth and economic
transformation, Eastern Michigan University is in an environment rich in
academic, research, technological, and recreational resources.

For additional information contact: Dr. Jeff Popko, Search Chair, Email
(preferred): apopko at emich.edu or phone (734) 487-3347.

EMU is an equal opportunity employer, and the institution is regularly
recognized by U.S. News and World Report for its diversity.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2010 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://www.emujobs.com
Contact Information:
	Jeff Popko
	Email: apopko at emich.edu