21.3759, Jobs: Hispanic Linguistics: Rank Open, University of Pittsburgh

Fri Sep 24 15:07:09 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-3759. Fri Sep 24 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.3759, Jobs: Hispanic Linguistics: Rank Open, University of Pittsburgh

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 23-Sep-2010
From: Allison Thompson < amt79 at pitt.edu >
Subject: Hispanic Linguistics: Rank Open, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:04:36
From: Allison Thompson [amt79 at pitt.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-3759.html&submissionid=2649074&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Pittsburgh
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.pitt.edu

Job Rank: Rank Open

Specialty Areas: Hispanic Linguistics

The University of Pittsburgh, Department of Linguistics, invites
applications for a tenure stream professor (open rank) position in Hispanic
Linguistics, pending budgetary approval. Applicants must have a solid
training in a core area of linguistics. Competence in one or more of the
following areas will be an advantage: second language acquisition,
discourse analysis, bilingualism, language policy, and bilingual education.

Candidates should send a CV (including a list of funded research if
applicable), a statement of research and teaching interests, copies of 2
reprints or other written work, teaching evaluations (if available), and
the names of three references. Hard copies of reference letters should be
sent directly to the search committee. Send materials to the application
address below. E-mail inquiries should be directed to Professor Yasuhiro
Shirai, Chair, at yshirai at pitt.edu.

To ensure full consideration, complete applications should be received by
December 1, 2010. Preliminary interviews will be held at the LSA meeting in
Pittsburgh in January 2011. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative
Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and members of minority groups
under-represented in academia are especially encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee, Hispanic Linguistics
	Department of Linguistics
	2816 Cathedral of Learning
	University of Pittsburgh
	Pittsburgh, PA 15260
	USA
Email Address for Applications: amt79 at pitt.edu
Contact Information:
	Department Administrator Allison Thompson
	Email: amt79 at pitt.edu
	Phone: 412-624-5938
	Fax: 412-624-6130