22.3183, Jobs: General Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Haverford College

Tue Aug 9 21:14:25 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3183. Tue Aug 09 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3183, Jobs: General Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Haverford College

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 09-Aug-2011
From: Corrinne Fahl [cfahl at haverford.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Haverford College, PA, USA

Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 17:10:12
From: Corrinne Fahl [cfahl at haverford.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3183.html&submissionid=4529088&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Haverford College
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.haverford.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Haverford College seeks to hire a full-time, tenure-track assistant professor in
general linguistics. The area of research expertise is open but interests in a
non-IndoEuropean language, field work, or in a hybrid area of linguistics would
be valuable. In keeping with our strong liberal arts tradition, we seek
candidates who are committed to excellence in both teaching and research.
The ideal candidate will be able to teach at all levels of the curriculum,
including introductory and advanced phonology, syntax, a course in the
candidate's area of expertise, and the supervision of student research. The
ability to build bridges to other disciplines and/or teach cross-listed courses is
desirable. While the position is based at Haverford College, it is part of the
Tri-College Department of Linguistics (Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and
Swarthmore); the successful candidate will teach on all three campuses.
Preference will be given to candidates with post-doctoral experience or those
otherwise able to demonstrate the ability to establish a successful
independent research program. The position begins fall semester of 2012,
and it is expected that the PhD will be completed prior to that start date.

Haverford College is a top residential liberal arts college in suburban
Philadelphia, enrolling approximately 1200 undergraduates, and is in a
consortium with Swarthmore and Bryn Mawr Colleges. Haverford offers a
competitive startup package, generous sabbatical policy, small class size,
and attractive teaching load.

The application deadline is November 15, 2011. Qualified candidates should
submit a single pdf file containing a current CV, research statement, teaching
statement, and representative publications to hc-linguistics at haverford.edu.
In addition, please arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent
directly to the application address below. Haverford College is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through
diversity, and strongly encourages applications and nominations from
persons of color, women, and members of other under-represented groups.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Corrine Fahl
	101 Ryan, Haverford College