22.4908, Jobs: Applied Ling; Lang Acq: Lecturer, Leuphana U of Lueneburg

Wed Dec 7 23:14:56 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4908. Wed Dec 07 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4908, Jobs: Applied Ling; Lang Acq: Lecturer, Leuphana U of Lueneburg

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 06-Dec-2011
From: Katrin Severloh [severloh at uni.leuphana.de]
Subject: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Lektor/Lektorin (Lecturer in English Language), Leuphana University of Lueneburg, Lower Saxony, Germany

Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 18:14:22
From: Katrin Severloh [severloh at uni.leuphana.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4908.html&submissionid=4537265&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Leuphana University of Lueneburg
Department: Foreign Language Center
Job Location: Lueneburg, Germany
Web Address: http://www.leuphana.de/services/fsz.html
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Pragmatics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Leuphana University of Lüneburg, a foundation under public law, invites
applications to fill a full-time position as a

Lecturer in English Language
EG 13 TV-L

at the Foreign Language Center, limited until 31 March 2014.

Tasks:
-  Developing and implementing language courses within the scope of the
"Language and Culture" Complementary Studies programme as well as in
the field of Teacher Training/Subject: English, with a workload of 12 hours
of teaching per week during the semester
-  Collaborating on a research project regarding the development of
language use during a study abroad semester
-  Developing new concepts and course materials in preparation for a study
abroad semester

Profile:
-  Academic degree in a subject area relevant to teaching, preferably in the
field of Applied Linguistics or Foreign Language Didactics (focal areas:
Pragmatics of Learner Language, Intercultural Communication, Corpus
Analysis)
-  Native-speaker competence in English
-  Long-standing teaching experience at a higher education institution
-  Experience in the application of computer-based learning modules
-  Good or very good command of the German language
-  Willingness to collaborate in an interdisciplinary manner
-  PhD desirable

Disabled candidates of equal qualifications will be given preferential
consideration.

Leuphana University of Lüneburg intends to increase the number of female
employees. Therefore, qualified female candidates are particularly invited to
apply.

Please send your application, along with all relevant documents (letter of
application, cv, copies of certificates), by 31th December 2011 to the
address given (password: FSZ English).

Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Katrin Severloh