22.2843, Media: Cognitive Sci and Tenured Profs at U. Louisiana

Mon Jul 11 17:12:57 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2843. Mon Jul 11 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2843, Media: Cognitive Sci and Tenured Profs at U. Louisiana

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Jul-2011
From: Monica Gonzalez-Marquez [mg246 at cornell.edu]
Subject: Cognitive Sci and Tenured Profs at U. Louisiana

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:12:20
From: Monica Gonzalez-Marquez [mg246 at cornell.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2843.html&submissionid=4525622&topicid=21&msgnumber=1

Hello Everyone,

The University of Louisiana is terminating the tenure of professors in the
cognitive science program due to budget cuts. The PhD program in cognitive
science is being phased out due to its 'low completer' status, and the
professors have until May 2013 to seek positions elsewhere. I felt that
this information is relevant to academia in general, and this particular
case was worth noting to the linguistics community.

To read the full article on this, please click the following link:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20110701/NEWS01/107010324/UL-terminating-two-professors

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable