22.4347, Jobs: German; 2nd Language Acquisition: Asst Prof, U of Texas at Austin

Wed Nov 2 22:15:39 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4347. Wed Nov 02 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4347, Jobs: German; 2nd Language Acquisition: Asst Prof, U of Texas at Austin

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 01-Nov-2011
From: Maria Pineda [m.e.pineda at mail.utexas.edu]
Subject: German; Second Language Acquisition; Content Based Instruction (Fachdidaktik): Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Austin, USA

Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 18:13:54
From: Maria Pineda [m.e.pineda at mail.utexas.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4347.html&submissionid=4535196&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Texas at Austin
Department: Germanic Studies
Job Location: Texas, USA
Web Address: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/germanic/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Second Language Acquisition; Content Based Instruction (Fachdidaktik)

Required Language(s): German (deu)

Assistant Professor--Second Language Studies

The Department of Germanic Studies at the University of Texas at Austin has
multiple positions available at the rank of Assistant Professor, preferably with
several years of experience, specializing in Second Language Acquisition /
Content-Based Instruction (Fachdidaktik) with a research focus on teaching and
learning in any of the disciplines associated with Germanic Studies. A
secondary concentration in German cultural studies is desirable. This is a
tenure-track position.

Responsibilities include: co-coordinating the lower-division language program in
German, teaching graduate and undergraduate courses, research, publication,
and service to the Department, College, and University. The ideal candidate will
be comfortable with using state-of-the-art instructional technology and will be
able to fit into a department that emphasizes cultural studies and
interdisciplinary research and teaching.

Interviews will be held at the MLA convention. PhD in hand by August 2012,
native or near-native fluency in German and English, evidence of teaching
excellence at the college level, and evidence of research excellence are
required. Please send letter of application including research plans, CV, three
current letters of reference, and graduate transcripts to Professor Peter Hess, at
the application address below.

A background check will be conducted on successful candidate. The University
of Texas is an AA/EEO employer.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Peter Hess, Chair