22.4374, Jobs: Anaphor Resolution: PhD Student, Laboratory EFL

Fri Nov 4 13:50:18 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4374. Fri Nov 04 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4374, Jobs: Anaphor Resolution: PhD Student, Laboratory EFL

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 02-Nov-2011
From: Barbara Hemforth [barbara.hemforth at parisdescartes.fr]
Subject: Anaphor Resolution: PhD Student, Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics, Paris, France

Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:48:16
From: Barbara Hemforth [barbara.hemforth at parisdescartes.fr]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4374.html&submissionid=4535256&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics
Job Location: Paris, France
Web Address: http://www.labex-efl.org/
Job Rank: PhD student

Specialty Areas: Psycholinguistics; Anaphor Resolution

Contact: Barbara Hemforth, LLF
Contact email: barbara.hemforth at parisdescartes.fr
University: University Paris 7
Job rank: PhD student
Duration: 36 months, starting dec. 2011
Salary: in accordance with the French state regulated PhD salary scale
Application deadline: 2011/11/10
Application email: marandin at linguist.jussieu.fr
Application reference: EFL-ANA1-ANA2

Applicants are invited to work in a 10-year project 'Empirical foundations of
linguistics'. The candidate will work in Strand 2 : Experimental Grammar in a
cross linguistic perspective. This is a full-time position.

The successful applicant will have to document qualifications in
linguistics/psycholinguistics at the Master's level. Applicants will be
assessed by an expert committee. The main emphasis of the assessment
will be on the applicant's potential for research, as evident from: Master's
thesis or equivalent, other scholarly works and project description.

Please join with your application: CV; two names of referent (with email
address); web address with publications.

The thesis will involve the investigation of crosslinguistic differences in
anaphor resolution processes. The relevance of discourse structure, word
order as well as prosody in particular with respect to information structure will
be a central concern of the research. A central issue in those studies will be
the close comparison of crosslinguistic differences with highly parallel
materials across a variety of languages (e.g., German, French, English,
Portuguese, Spanish). Most experiments will be using eyetracking techniques
such as the visua.

Application Deadline: 10-Nov-2011

Email Address for Applications: marandin at linguist.jussieu.fr
Contact Information: