22.4401, Jobs: Alignment of Heterogeneous Data: Engineer, Laboratory EFL

Sat Nov 5 16:08:41 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4401. Sat Nov 05 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4401, Jobs: Alignment of Heterogeneous Data: Engineer, Laboratory EFL

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 02-Nov-2011
From: Angélique Amelot [Angelique.amelot at univ-paris3.fr]
Subject: Alignment of Heterogeneous Physiological Data: Engineer, Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics, Paris, France

Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 12:06:17
From: Angélique Amelot [Angelique.amelot at univ-paris3.fr]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4401.html&submissionid=4535266&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics
Job Location: Paris, France
Web Address: http://www.labex-efl.org/
Job Rank: Engineer

Specialty Areas: Alignment of Heterogeneous Physiological Data

Contact: Jacqueline Vaissière, Angélique Amelot, LPP
Contact email: Angelique.amelot at univ-paris3.fr
University: University Paris 3
Job rank: Engineer
Duration: Six months, renewable
Salary: According to experience and public utility income scale
data
Application deadline: 2012/04/10
Application email: benoit.sagot at inria.fr
Application reference: EFL-LR3

The Labex EFL invites applications for a position within the 10-year project
"Empirical foundations of linguistics" that started in 2011. This position is
open within the strand "Language resources for French" of this project. This a
full time position

The person filling this position will work on signals of different types:
articulatory, aerodynamic and acoustic parameters. The engineer will manage
the alignment and synchronization of these heterogeneous signals.

Two main tasks :
1. Develop solutions to align the different signals(post-recording).
2. Propose solutions to record simultaneous data from different instruments
(fiberscopy, ultrason, video movies, acoustic microphone,…).

The candidate will have a good knowledge in signal processing, Matlab
programming. The successful candidate will work on different file
formats(video,  audio, articulatory, ...).

To apply, please send: an updated CV, a motivation letter, and 2 names of
possible referees. A Phd is not required but will be a plus.

Application Deadline: 10-Apr-2012

Email Address for Applications: benoit.sagot at inria.fr
Contact Information:
	Angélique Amelot